- the Personal Information we collect & how we collect it;
- how we use the Personal Information, how we store it & who we share it with; and
- how you can update your Personal Information & find out what Personal Information we hold about you.
1 PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Personal Information provided by you Directly:
We may collect and process the following personal and non-personal information directly from you on our website and/or during your use of our Services:
- Contact Information: Personal Information that you provide to us when you sign up to receive a licence of the Software (such as your name and your email address).
- User Support Information: If you contact us for technical or customer support, we will keep a record of your name, contact details (such as email address or telephone number), a record of your call and/or correspondence along with a note of the issues relevant to your call.
- Promotions & Loyalty Information: If you enter any of our on-line promotions or loyalty programs, we will collect Personal Information (such as your name, email address, postal address and contact phone numbers) in order to register you for the promotion or loyalty program.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share your details with any third parties outwith the circumstances outlined in clause 5.
Technical and Usage Information: When you access the Site or use the Software, we collect technical information such as details about your computer system and details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access. This information is collected through tracking and analytics technologies including cookies. Please see the "IP Addresses and Cookies" section below to learn more about this.
2 HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
IP Addresses and Cookies: When you use our Services and/or access the Site, we collect technical information for system administration, to monitor and analyse traffic to our website, to improve our website, to personalise your experience on the Site, to resolve technical problems with the Site and to serve, and measure the effect of, advertising to you. We use server log files and tracking technologies including cookies, IP addresses, browser information, the date and time spent on the Site and other similar information. We may be able to use IP addresses to personally identify you to enforce our Terms of Service and/or block certain IP addresses from the Site if we believe that there has been misuse of the Site by you.
Cookies in Detail: We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests;
- speed up your searches;
- recognise you when you return to the Site.
Google Analytics Cookies: We use the following cookies relating to Google Analytics to track visitor numbers and behaviour on the Site:
- _utma - used to identify how many unique visitors the Site has had.
- _utmz - used to find out where a user came from (e.g. from a search engine or from a link to the Site from another website).
- _utmv - used to store visitor-level custom variable data and updated every time data is sent to Google Analytics
- _ga - used to distinguish between users over a 2 year expiration time.
- _gid - used to distinguish between users over a 24 hour expiration time.
- intercom-id - used to integrate Intercom into Google Analytics to contact people who have returned to the Site.
Session Cookies: We also use session cookies which are deleted as soon as you close your browser, PHP cookies and an automatic login cookie if you choose to enable the automatic login.
3 HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use Personal Information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with access to the Services and our newsletters (if you sign up to receive the newsletters);
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To provide you with information, products or Services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
- To provide customer support services or respond to your queries;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To assist with our internal marketing so that our advertising on the Site is relevant to your demographic profile;
- To enforce our Terms of Service and prevent any hacking activities or security breaches of the Site;
- To allow you to participate in any interactive features of our Services, when you choose to do so;
For Promotional purposes: If you choose to receive promotional information from us regarding other products, product features, enhancements or special offers, we will use your Personal Information, or permit selected third parties to use your Personal Information, to provide you with such promotional information. If you do not want us to use your Personal Information in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the registration form when we collect your Personal Information. Please note, even if you have consented to receiving such promotional information from us, you may opt out of receiving such information at any time by emailing us at email@example.com. Even if you have opted out of receiving promotional materials, we may still need to contact you regarding changes to the Services or in relation to requests you have made to us.
For advertising purposes: Please note that although we do not disclose Personal Information to our advertisers, we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 100 men aged over 40 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the Personal Information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
4 WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All Personal Information we collect from you or about you is stored on our secure servers. Our servers are based in the European Union and the Personal Information that we collect about you will not be transferred to, or stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA").
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. Any payment transactions will be encrypted.
5 DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- External Service Providers: Where we use external service providers to perform services for us including payment processing, hosting, website analytics, email services, marketing or customer services.
- Merger or Sale of our Company: In the event of an actual or potential (including as part of any relevant negotiations) merger or sale of all or substantially all of our assets to a third party, we may transfer your Personal Information to the potential acquirer or successor company.
- Legal Obligations: If we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation including for example if we are subject to a court order to disclose your Personal Information, if we believe the Services are being used to commit a crime or where we believe that the safety of another person is at risk.
- Enforce our Terms of Service: In order to enforce or apply our Terms of Service we may pass your Personal Information to a third party to assist us in this enforcement.
- Protection of other Users: To protect the rights, property, or safety of Aptus, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6 YOUR RIGHTS
The Act provides you with the following rights:
- Prevent your Personal Information from being used for Marketing Purposes: You have the right to ask us not to process your Personal Information for marketing purposes. You may exercise this right at the outset by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your Personal Information. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Right to Access the Personal Information held about you: The Act gives you the right to access Personal Information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the Personal Information we hold about you.
- Right to Update your Personal Information: Should you wish to amend or update any of your Personal Information, please email us at email@example.com.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any Personal Information to these websites. A link on our Site to another website is not an endorsement of such other website and we cannot control the activities of any such third party websites.
8 CONTACT US